Thursday 7 February 2019

The Wishing Tree


Yesterday for my birthday there were only two things that I wanted - cheesecake and sushi. I'm a simple girl with simple needs. Having had cheesecake earlier in the day, T and I headed out to have Sushi and then afterward we got Gelato.

Deciding that we'd take a walk while we ate, we walked into the Westfield where we parked and discovered this wishing tree. We'd completely missed it on our way out forty minutes earlier when we'd walked out of the mall. It drew our attention and we both walked over to have a look.

I'd known for a while that the day before my birthday is Chinese New Year and while it's not something that is celebrated by myself or many of the people I know, I still enjoy seeing the decorations and traditions that come with it. When I used to live on the Northern Beaches, I didn't see things like this up in the local malls, so it intrigued me to see what it was all about.

It wasn't until we got closer that I saw that it was a wishing tree. People would write their wishes for the new year on a car and then place it on the branches. It was so beautiful and vibrant, I'm still surprised that T and I missed it earlier in the evening.

As we ate, we circled the tree looking at peoples wishes and it was surprised at how many of them lacked selfishness. Now there were a few of them that asked for wealth and good grades, things that that person wanted personally, but then they would ask for health and peace for their families or the world. Some were written by children and were completely innocent - one child wished for a unicorn stuffy while another was wishing for a baby brother.

There were a few asking that they find love or could have a baby. I don't know how long we spend circling like vultures around this tree but it was just something really nice to finish off the day.

We, unfortunately, didn't get a chance to make our own wishes. The tags had long since been taken when everything else in Westfield had closed for the night, so that was a little upsetting. So what I wanted to do here was make my own tag and create my own Wishing Tree post.


The picture above was created using Canva, which is a great site that has a lot of graphics that you can use for free. I make a lot of the graphics on this blog with Canva. So if you wanted to use it to make your own online wish you can find it on the Templates page.

If you do use the template please tag me or let me know! I would love to see it! You can find all the details for my social media in the left column!

Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...