Friday 8 February 2019

5 ON FRIDAY | True Crime Podcasts

A few years ago when I was blogging, I took part in a link party called Five on Friday. Since then I've been trying to find it, but from my digging around I've discovered that it's died down.

I really enjoyed doing it at the time. It was a way for me to come up with one subject and list five things to do with it. Often it was five great things that had happened during to week.

I still want to take part in this so I thought I would just do my own and if someone comments that it's still going, I'll join up and join in.



This week I wanted to share five of my favourite True Crime Podcasts.

For the past few years, I have done a lot of drive to and from work. Often spending over two hours a day going to and from work. Podcasts became a way for me to pass the time as I drive, as often I can get bored listening to music all the time.

This year it's going to be a lot easier, but I still enjoy listening to podcasts, only now I'm doing it as I'm studying or writing blog posts or researching things for The Bulletin Board.

1. Casefile

Picture Credit: iTunes

While Serial was the podcast to get me into True Crime podcasts, Casefile was the first podcast that I listened to that became one that I listened to each week. Told in a narration style, the Casefile team do an amazing job with the research and telling the case, while being respectful to the victims. You can find out more about the podcast HERE.

2. Australian True Crime

Picture Credit: iTunes

I discovered Australian True Crime late last year and I'm so sad that I didn't discover them sooner. Meshel Laurie and Emily Web cover True Crime through interviews with law enforcement, survivors, victims families, families of criminals, journalists and man other avenues. It gives a broad look at the many aspects of True Crime and has introduced me to a number of people who have been involved in a variety of cases. You can find out more about the podcast HERE.

3. Last Podcast on the Left

Picture Credit: Last Podcast on the Left

I discovered Ben, Marcus and Henry when I was having car problems and was having to take a LOT of public transport. Their particular brand of humour, mixed in with their True Crime and horror topics have helped me pass many hours of driving and sitting on a bus. I will admit, that their brand of humour is not always for everyone, but for me personally, I enjoy the depth of research that they do to put out the episodes. You can find out more information about the podcast HERE.

4. Wine and Crime

Picture Credit: Wine and Crime

Now I'm not normally one for a lot of chatter when it comes to my True Crime podcasts. The chatting the boys from Last Podcast on the Left do it probably as far as I can go, but when I discovered the girls from Wine and Crime I just fell in love. They cover a theme a week, go into the psychology and have a bit of a laugh at the same time (never at the expense of the victim, however). You can find out more about the podcast HERE.

5. Criminology

Picture Credit: Criminology Facebook Page

I have been hearing a lot about Criminology since the Golden State Killer was discovered as they were covering the case when he was arrested. I'm halfway through the first season on the Zodiac Killer and it's quickly becoming a favourite. They do a great job at research and really go into depth about the cases that they are covering. You can find out more information about the podcast HERE.

I have a lot of other podcasts that I love and I'll more than likely share them at a later date, but these are the ones that I'm always going back to to regularly listen to or that I'm currently loving.

Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...