Friday 22 February 2019

5 ON FRIDAY

As you know I've been sick all this week, so to round off all of that I wanted to share five things I do when I'm sick to help me get through it all.


1. Neti Pot

I can get horribly congested each time I get sick. From there, it normally leads down to my chest and prolongs everything. What I have found helps with that is a neti pot. What it does is flushes out your sinuses and nose with a saline solution, which also helps dry things out. With it on its own, I can usually get through things a lot easier because it helps to clear out my nose a lot more effectively than blowing it does.

2. Probiotics

I can't stress how much taking these while I'm sick helps. When I get sick, I normally have to go on antibiotics otherwise I'm sick for weeks. Antibiotics can, unfortunately, kill a lot of good things in your body which is where the probiotics come in. They help to reestablish all of that. I've also found that when I'm probiotics, I'm less likely to get things like thrush from my antibiotics - which is something that can happen to ANY woman or girl who has to have them. It's less than fun, so I would definitely suggest taking a course of probiotics at the same time as your antibiotics.

3. Vicks rub

This stuff is a life saver. It helps clean my nose when I'm sleeping at night and I also use it with hot water to kind of steam out and clear out congestion when I don't want to use the neti pot. It's also amazing to just have in a hot bath!

4. Hot Showers/Baths

I like a hot shower at any time of the day, but when I'm sick I love them even more. It helps with aches and pains. The steam helps to clear out congestion and it just feels nice to wash off any cruddy illness for a few minutes.

5. Rest

This one kind of goes without saying. I'm generally someone who tries and pushes through everything illness wise that I get. It sucks but it's the truth. I've found that if I take the time off and just relax and rest I'm more likely to make a fuller recovery. I also reduce to risk of passing everything onto people who aren't T.

Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...