Monday 18 February 2019

Motivational Monday #1

No one likes to start their week off in a bad mood. So why don't I share with you some good and interesting news that I've discovered over the past week.


Photos of the Black Leopard

This may seem like nothing, but it has been over 100 years since there was any kind of scientific documentation of Black Leopards. The last photo was taken back in 1909 and there have only been rumours of them in certain areas ever since.

That is until last month, when a wildlife photographer her some of these rumours and decided to check things out. He set up a camera trap and on the night of a full moon he managed to capture some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen in my life.

If you want to take a look at these photos and read the full story, you can find it here.


Conspiracy Theories with Shane Dawson

I've been loving the series' that Shane Dawson has been doing recently. They have been so good that I often have had to wait until he was done with a series so I could binge watch it. His latest series is all about conspiracies and although I'm not hugely into conspiracies, I really did love this series.

Now, this may not exactly be motivational, but it is definitely something fun and interesting. It is a two-part series and the second part has Shane investigating some conspiracies. If you're interested in watching you can find the video here.


If I should have a Daughter - Ted Talk by Sarah Kay

One of my favourite channels on YouTube is the Ted Talk channel. It brings together a number of people, all with a variety of backgrounds to talk about some amazing things. One of my favourites is this one by Sarah Kay.

Sarah Kay is a spoken word poet and she begins and ends her talk with a poem that she has written and talks about what got her into spoken poetry and how she is using it to inspire other kids.

If you'd like to watch it you can find the video here.


The World is Greener than it was 20 years ago

NASA has reported that the world is looking greener than was 20 years ago and it's got a lot to do with China and India. China has implemented tree planting programs and India has broken a world record for the number of trees planted in 12 hours. Its an interesting story and its worth a read. You can read all about it here.

So there are some of the good news and happy things that I have found this week. If you can go check them all out, they made my week and I hope that they make your week as well.

Until next time







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...