Thursday 3 January 2019

Reading Goals 2019

I'm a bookwork. I'm not ashamed to say it. One of my favourite things to do is to sit with a cup of tea and read for a couple of hours. Every year I join in on Goodreads Book Reading Challenge and I never make it to my goal.

Mainly because I expect myself to be able to read one book per week.

This year is different because I'm setting myself a different set of parameters and sharing them here so I can be held accountable.


1. Read 26 books
1 book every two weeks - this is a little more attainable than one book every week.

2. 6 out of 26 have to be Non-Fiction
I don't read a lot of Non-Fiction, unless you count true crime. I need to branch out a little more and include these just for a change.

3. I want to read 5 books off the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge list
I love this challenge! You can find a link to the book list above but the idea is to read the books that are mentioned in the TV series Gilmore Girls (one of my favourite shows!)

4. Three of the books have to be books from a genre that I don't normally read
I'm very guilty of sticking to crime and thriller style books. Branching out to new genres may allow me to find some new authors.

5. Three of the books have to be Romance
I'm not a fan of Romance books. Nothing personal but they're just not my thing but I need more variety so I'm going to have a go.

6. I have to 3 books from my to-be-read pile
Like any bibliophile, I have a large pile of books that are just waiting to be read. I need to bring them down a little bit so I can grow it once more.

If you're interested in seeing the full list of books that I've chosen then you can seen them down below


2019 Reaching Challenge

Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit
The Cuckoo's Calling
Sons of Cain: A History of Serial Killers from the Stone Age to the Present
Try Hard: Tales from the Life of a Needy Overachiever


Sophie's favorite books »


Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...