Saturday 8 December 2018

The Early Christmas Present | REVIEW of Nescafe Dolce Gusto Majesto

If you follow me on Instagram then you probably have seen that T gave me my Christmas present a little earlier than normal. Well, I shouldn't say normal. Last year my gift was Arlo and we went and picked him up two months before Christmas.

But all that is beside the point.

On Saturday a rather large box arrived at home. We've been getting a lot of packages lately so between T and I we have just been checking to see who they are addressed to and leaving them in one of two spots - T's room where he keeps all his work stuff or the bench in the kitchen. This particular box was shoved into T's room as it was addressed to him, I messaged him to let him know a very big package had arrived for him and I didn't think anything else off it.

Until T got home and he carried said large package and dumped it in front of me as I finished a quest in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

I was confused for a moment. I looked up at him and he just pointed at it and said: "It's your Christmas present."

"I can open it now?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"If you don't open it now then it's just going to sit around for another month"

Cue the excitement that I get something new and a surprise at that. T went and got his pocket knife and I opened the box before I decided that it was a good idea to poke myself with said pocket knife. A giggle and a teasing remark later and I had my Christmas present sitting on the bed.

It was a coffee machine.

I don't drink coffee. Not too big of a fan of the taste - too bitter. But I have been saying for nearly 6 months that I wanted to get one because a lot of them come with Hot Chocolate pods.

T did what he always did in that situation and filed away all those remarks until a few weeks ago when he ordered the machine you see in the pictures. He didn't do this half-assed either. He did his research. He knew exactly what I wanted to use it for and searched until he found one that did exactly what I wanted it to do AND on top of that ordered the pods!

I love a thoughtful and practical gift. T bought me a new Washing Machine a couple of years ago for Christmas because the one I had was beyond fixing and I loved it. This present, however, he went above and beyond with. It's probably one of my favourite presents he's ever given me - other than Arlo!

I'm now writing this post a week after I got the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Majesto and I'm really happy with it. The machine itself comes with the funny circular machine plus the capsule bin you can see to the left in the picture above. The capsule bin serves two purposes. The first is as a place to hold the capsules that you are regularly using. The second is as the rinsing bucket as the lid and the red inside come out. Underneath the bin is a special rinsing tool that stays hidden in there until you need to use it.

The machine connects to WIFI, which you need to connect to. Every so often you get updates, sometimes it's just software but after I connected it to the WIFI and did an update, we got a whole bunch of new capsule options that weren't there when I first turned the machine on. The screen is a touch screen and while sometimes it can be a little slow to reach, overall it's really easy to use.

If you don't know how to do anything or which order to put the capsules in the instructions appear on the screen and walk you through it, so it's really easy. If you would like a bigger cup of coffee or hot chocolate, you can also do your own custom cup. I've done this a couple of times because I like a BIG cup of hot chocolate and it's just as easy as if you pressed the already programmed buttons. If all else fails, you can turn to the instruction manual which has really easy to follow step by step instructions.

At the time of writing this, there were 15 different kinds of capsules that you could choose from. T decided on the Hot Chocolate, Chai Latte and Nesquik ones for us for everyday use. The hot chocolate and Nesquik are two of the ones that I would definitely suggest you don't custom cup because they lose their flavour. The Chai Latte is nice, but I've been so used to Chai Lattes that have a lot of spice flavour that this one is slightly bland for my tastes.

The great thing about the capsules is that there are a lot of flavours and because we have family members that are coffee drinkers we can easily get our hands on capsules to keep in the house for the times that they are around.

Overall I really like this machine and it was an amazing present. Its really easy to use and there are a lot of options available, even to those who aren't coffee drinkers. The best and funniest thing about it is that the colours match our kitchen!

If you want to find out more or look for a machine to better matches your own house, check out the Nescafe Dolce Gusto website

Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...