Saturday 1 December 2018

My Mother Just Jinxed Me

Today is the 1st of December and traditionally that means that you're supposed to put your Christmas tree up. I was always told it was for good luck but I'm not one hundred percent sure if that is the truth or if that is something that was told in my family.

And while I do have every intention of putting my tree today, I'm saving that post for Tuesday as I have a bit of a story to go with it.

Today I wanted to talk about something else that's not as Christmasy.

And that is my Mum just freaking jinxed me on Thursday night.

A lot of my friends have been doing the those Facebook tests where they "analyse" your profile and tell you what is coming in 2019. I do them just for a bit of fun and a laugh. So I did mine and my results were the following:


This was a bit funny for me. You see, T is an identical twin. He also has brothers who are fraternal twins and in his generation, in his family, there are 10 sets of twins - all of them are girls, with the exception of T and his brothers. Because of this, it's kind of been a bit of a joke that at some point a set of twins are going to show up because karma isn't that kind to have all those twins in just one generation. With one of my SIL's done with her boys, another quite happy with their Brady bunch family, one just having baby #2 and the fourth due with #2 in March, we've kind of joked that it's going to be me and T who have twins.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it would be just our luck.

So I posted the test, with the caption you see above and left it at that. Then my brother's ex-girlfriend (who we are still friends with) commented.


Katie and I have always got on really well and with her being a teacher and me a Nanny, we bond over stuff like this. So we had this funny little banter going on and then my mother commented.


Here's the thing; when it comes to my Mum having dreams about this stuff I will believe her. Her dreams are scarily accurate.

When she was pregnant with my brother she dreamt that she had a beautiful baby boy but he didn't have a face - it was just blank. So Mum took that everything was going to be ok, just there was going to be something up with his head. My brother ended up being a breach that didn't flip and during the c-section, they had to really yank him out because his head was stuck up near Mum's ribs. On top of that, he was a nearly 11-pound baby so he already had a giant head.

When my grandmother has been sick, Mum has always had dreams about her father coming to her and explaining what is going on with Nana and that she is going to be ok - and they come true.

I've watched as my Mum has these dreams growing up, then seen them come true. So my Mum dreaming about this turned this fun little post into something completely different.

Here's the thing, I can totally understand how many of you may not believe this. T is a major skeptic when it comes to this kind of thing, so I can totally understand the skeptic point of view. But I'm also a believer and I've seen this stuff happen so this has me kind of freaked out.

Not bad freaked out just - if this happens HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DEAL WITH IT!

So now my mother has jinxed me and I know that karma is rubbing her hands together gleefully just waiting for the most inopportune time to make this happen.

I know it's kinda silly, but I did want to document this so if this does come true I can point to this post as the reason why my mother tempted fate and jinxed me.

Until next time







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...