Thursday 20 December 2018

5 Things I Do When I Get Stuck in a Game

I've been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey for a couple of months now. Ninety percent of what has stopped me from finishing the game is just general life stuff that has just gotten in the way. The other ten percent is just me getting stuck on certain quests or battles that I just can't get through.

When that does happen I have a few things that I do to either help me get through whatever block is stopping me or to help me calm down because damn it, games can be frustrating!


1. Swear

Believe it or not, this can be very cathartic. Muttering a few swear words can usually get rid of some of my frustration and I can focus back on vanquishing whatever needs vanquishing.

2. Google

Google has often been my saving grace. If I'm having an issue trying to find something or want to look up an enemy's weaknesses, I'll do a quick google search and will have the answers quickly.

3. YouTube

When Google fails me, YouTube is my next stop. Watching someone else get through the same area as I can usually manage to break through whatever fog is clouding my mind and I'm through it in minutes.

4. Take a quick break

Grab a snack, a drink, give my dogs a cuddle. Sometimes that's all I need in order to break through whatever is stopping me and move forward.

5. Stop Completely

I'm not talking about giving up on the game. I'm talking about walking away until the next day. When all the rest fails me, I will pack up and move onto something else. As much as I like to play games, I'm not about to let it make me get beyond angry when I can walk away and start a new plan. When all else fails, this usually works.

To be honest, sometimes all this happens and I still have issues with a game but these things do help me in the long run. If I still can't get past the point once I've done number 5, I'll just repeat number 5 again and again until I get past it. I love playing Assassins Creed but I'm not going to lose my mind if I'm unable to get past something. When I feel like I'm going to get to that point, I'll walk away. Gaming is meant to be fun, once I start losing my mind over it, it stops being fun.

Until next time,







(aka - Sophie)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...